- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth salt and pepper
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 6 oz (2, 3oz cans) tuna packed in oil, drained
- 5 oz frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F; grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and broth. Cook, stirring, until mixture becomes thick and smooth, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles for 5minutes. Drain; return to pot. Stir in sauce, tuna and peas. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.