- ½ 14 oz. French baguette sliced ½" thick crosswise
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 16 oz. bags Wholey® All Natural Mussels
- 1 15.5 oz. can Navy beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup Fresh lemon juice
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped, plus additional for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place baguette slices in single layer on rimmed baking pan; brush both sides with oil and bake 7 minutes or until toasted.
- Prepare mussels as label directs; cool. Remove mussels from shells and place in a bowl; discard shells.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, purée beans, cheese and lemon juice until smooth. Makes about 1¼ cups.
- In medium saucepan, cook garlic and butter over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley and mussels; cook 1 minute or until heated through.
- Spread toasted baguette slices with bean mixture; top with mussel mixture and garnish with parsley, if desired. Makes about 16 crostini.