- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large white onion chopped
- 1 Medium carrot chopped
- 3 Celery ribs chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 32 oz. Seafood stock
- 1 12 oz. bottle Lager beer
- ¼ cup Tomato paste
- ½ Tbsp Fresh tarragon chopped
- ½ Tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped, plus additional for optional garnish
- 1 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Cream cheese room temperature, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 lb Wholey® 16-20 Ct. Tail-On Peeled & Deveined Shrimp thawed if necessary, tail shells removed
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Stir in stock, beer, tomato paste, tarragon, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in cream cheese; simmer 7 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally
- With blender or stick blender, purée bisque until smooth. Makes about 10 cups.
- Serve bisque garnished with thyme, if desired.
Serve bisque with sliced French baguette.