Wholey Norwegian Salmon Portions nutrition is one of those things that is often over looked because of the delicious flavors that fresh fish provide. There is an impressive (and lengthy) list of all the health benefits of eating fresh Wholey Norwegian Salmon Portions. Simply put, it’s about the healthiest thing you can eat.
- Free from artificial coloring, growth hormones, pharmaceuticals and other unnatural chemicals.
- High in Omega-3 oils which have been shown to lower cholesterol and decrease the risk of heart disease as well as lowering triglycerides.
- Naturally abundant in many essential nutrients and vitamins including Vitamins A, C, D and E, niacin and Vitamin B-12.
- An excellent source of protein.
- Low in saturated fats and low in calories.
Our Norwegian Salmon spends their lives swimming upstream creating beautiful, red fish, high in heart healthy Omega 3 and low in Omega 6 oils.
Omega-3 oils fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids. They are necessary for human health, but the body can’t make them. You have to get them through food. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut. Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development. They have also become popular because they have shown to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Farm Raised Atlantic Salmon (Salmo Salar), Water, Salt, Astaxantin (color).
Wholey’s Sweet + Fire = Perfection
- 4 Wholey All Natural Norwegian Salmon Portions
- 4 tbsp. Hot Sauce, such as Frank’s
- 2 tbsp. packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Chives, snipped
- 8 stalks Celery, very thinly sliced on an angle
- ½ small Red Onion, very thinly sliced
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for oiling the grill or a small portion of imported Irish Butter like Greenfield if you are using a skillet. (European butter has a higher tolerance for heat.)
- Thaw 4 Salmon Portions overnight in your refrigerator (out of the individually vacuum sealed package). For last minute thawing, place 4 Salmon Portions in their individually vacuum packages in a bowl of cold water for approximately 15 min. or until soft.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan on medium high.
- Mix together hot sauce, brown sugar, paprika and cayenne in a small bowl. Transfer 1 tbsp. of the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise; set aside the rest of the sauce. Add chives, celery and onions to the bowl with the mayonnaise and toss well.
- Pat salmon dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Brush the grill grate lightly with oil. Lay the salmon on the grill and cook until distinct grill marks appear and it releases easily from the grate, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and brush with some of the reserved sauce. Continue to cook, brushing the pieces periodically with the sauce, until they are glazed and cooked thoroughly (internal temperature of 145 F). Follow the same process for using a cast iron skillet but substitute a small portion of butter for the oil.
- Transfer the salmon to individual plates and serve with the celery slaw.
THAW: Remove all packaging and thaw in refrigerator overnight. For last minute thawing, place vacuum sealed, frozen salmon in a bowl of cold water for approx. 15 min. or until soft.
GRILL: 4-5 minutes per side.
BAKE: 15-20 minutes at 350 F.
PAN FRY: 2-3 minutes per side.