Bursting with flavor and packed with protein, Wholey Seafood Risotto Mix allows you to easily transform simple pasta or rice into a seafood feast! It’s the perfect addition to seafood soups, paellas, sautés and will cut down on kitchen prep time, making it ideal for busy weeknights. This premium mix of bay scallops, cooked clam meat, and cooked mussel meat is perfect for a quick, healthy, and tasty dish. No shells to discard! Premium quality. Ready to cook. Low fat! Fresh caught. Healthy, low fat and delicious!
Wholey Seafood Risotto Mix is frozen to maintain its freshness, flavor and is a healthful choice for people of all ages – growing children, pregnant women, active adults, and the elderly. It is an excellent source of lean, high quality, easily digested protein. While seafood mix is nutritious enough to be low in saturated fats and high in protein, its greatest health benefit lies in its abundant source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Processed in Thailand by select packers expressly for Wholey, our Seafood Risotto Mix offers ultimate convenience for chefs and home cooks looking for a ready-to-use seafood in one convenient pack. The mix is vacuum packed to seal in fresh taste.
Scallops, Fully Cooked Mussel Meat, Fully Cooked Clam Meat.
THAW: In package in refrigerator overnight or in cold water for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- 1 pack Wholey Seafood Risotto Mix
- 1 ½ cups Fish or Vegetable Stock
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 4 tblsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 small Onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- 1 1/3 cups Arborio Rice
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- ½ cup Plum Tomatoes, peeled, crushed, seeded
- ½ cup fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped, loosely packed
- 1 tblsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 tblsp. Brandy
- 1 tblsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a small saucepan, warm the fish or vegetable stock. Keep warm.
- In a large saucepan over moderately low heat, warm the olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the onion, saute, stirring occasionally until tender (there should be no color), about 5 minutes. Add the rice and toast lightly for 1 minute without letting the rice or onion take on any color.
- Add the wine and cook until almost completely absorbed. Add most of the stock (it should come about ½ inch above the rice) and bring to a simmer. Cook the risotto, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed some of the liquid, about 8 minutes.
- Add just the scallops, and tomatoes, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the scallops are cooked and the rice is al dente, about 6 minutes more. As the rice continues to absorb the liquid, add more as needed.
- Add the rest of the seafood (mussels and clams), stir and cook for 2 minutes then remove the risotto from the heat and add the parsley, garlic, brandy, olive oil, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and the remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Stir well to release the starches and make the risotto creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve immediately with your favorite garlic bread.